Wednesday, May 6, 2009

One Week.

Well, I've officially been in London for one week.
It seems longer than that in so many ways.
I feel like I've already done SO many things.
The past two days have been nonstop, so tonight I've just been at home, which has been so nice.
Here's a list of the things I did the past two days:
1. The Museum of London: Maybe I'm just a horrible person....but it was so boring to me. It was much smaller than I expected, and each time I go to a History Museum I realize...I'm not a museum person. I think it's that simple. I got a Paddington Bear Button there though, so that was exciting.


2. St. Paul's Cathedral: Not going to lie, I really wasn't even going to care about going there, but when we walked inside I was speechless. It is absolutely gorgeous inside. It's full of marble pillars and statues and beautifully painted domes. It's so tall and big and beautiful. I'm glad I went. I might even go back and actually take a tour.


3. The Banqueting House: This is an old historical building, one of the only buildings to survive the Great London Fire in the 1600's and it has a gorgeous ceiling painted by Peter Paul Ruben. It was really neat to see something painted so long ago, and it was crazy to think about how many events had gone on in that building, and how old it really is.

4. Three Days of Rain: A-MA-ZING is all I can say to describe it. It was one of the most exquisite pieces of theatre I have ever seen. The set and lighting made me forget I was watching a piece of theatre with how realistic they were. The acting by Mr. James McAvoy was beautiful. I am so glad we went to see it. And meeting him afterward only added to the wonderful night. We were a bunch of giddy little girls last night and it was so fun.


Today
Spring Awakening: Oh Spring Awakening. How I LOVE that musical. We went today to the matinee right after class, and got tickets for £20. That musical is just so beautiful and so powerful. I might just go see it again.
We also found an adorable cupcake shop right outside the theatre with a Lemon Cupcake that made my day.

Now I'm just hanging out, I think we're going to watch "Finding Neverland" and then I'm going to bed and slepping in for the first time since I've been here.
Hooray.

2 comments:

  1. You have been a busy little beaver, and what sights you have seen. I don't care for boring museums either, all your plays sound so exciting though. Nicole and I went to lunch today, she swept out my garage, and a few other odd jobs and we watched the movie Prime was good. So enjoyed our one on one. Enjoy your
    rest of the week. Love you, and enjoy sharing your pics and you blog so well and make it so interesting. Love you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeeesh! I am glad you got to rest. I am sure Karina is so jealous that you got to see Finding Neverland... and so am I.

    ReplyDelete