Thursday, May 7, 2009

Camden Town

So today was the first day of sleeping in I've had since I arrived.
And it was beautiful.
I got up at about 10 and my roommate Anne and I went to the store to get some cash and try on clothes. Then a group of us went to Camden Market.

(random man who was out of control)


It was so much fun. It's an outdoor/indoor market area full of random stuff. From food to art to knock off purses and cheap little London souvenirs. The amazing part is, I didn't even buy anything...craziness.
(although I really wanted a pair of these cool wellies!)

I got lunch at this adorable little coffe shop/deli.

The great thing about London is that if you like sandwiches, you will never starve.
There are cute little sandwich shops on every corner, and they all have amazing fresh food.
I love it.
We came home and then it was time for "The Last 5 Years"


Yes, I've already seen it like 5 times, but I don't even care.
I love it, and I'm so glad I got to see it again.
The thing I love about that show is that you can do so much with it. Even though it's the same songs and the same lines every time, I love seeing how the director interprets it--how the set is designed, how the actors interpret the songs, etc.
(The beautiful cast we saw.)
Two of the girls I went with had never even heard of it and didn't know the music, so it was fun to see it with them and get their reactions afterward.
Other good things about it:
1. We got £51 seats for £20. 6th row center. Thank you, Student Concession Tickets, once again.
2. I got to go to my favorite cupcake store again.
3. They were selling show posters for £5. That's roughly $7. BARGAIN!

So yeah. Life is good.
Tomorrow I'm planning on having a "Me" day, going shopping, reading in the park, and hopefully another show tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. Nice day it sounds like, good for you to control, it will be hard to carry a lot of stuff home. If, there is something you really want let me know and I will have Mom put a check into your account. Love you and have a good night and a good "me" day tomorrow. Loe, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so much will power. I would have spent all of my money on the cute galoshes and other clothes!

    ReplyDelete