Saturday, May 9, 2009

London Adventures

So my "Me" day yesterday turned into a "Sarah & Me" day, which ended up being really fun.
We headed to Paddington (Home of the Paddington Bear) for a traditional English Breakfast for £2.99.

It was delicious. I didn't eat the mushrooms, obviously, but I loved the rest. Who knew beans could be good with breakfast?
We then decided to trek over to the London Eye, being that it was looking pretty clear out.
About 1 1/2 hours later we got there after various busses and going the wrong way for a while, but it was a fun journey. One of my favorite things to do is get in the front on the top level of one of the buses and just ride around. I love seeing every part of the city. It's so varied and so beautiful to me.
I love it.

Once at the London Eye, we decided it was too cloudy for us to want to go up, so we rode a Carousel along the Thames, overlooking Big Ben and the London Eye which was a blast.

Then we just walked along the river, seeing crazy dressed up people everywhere, and enjoying just being in London.
They have these Belgian Waffle carts everywhere, so we decided to get one. I have to say they smelled better than they tasted, but they were still pretty good. They put realy whipped cream on top, none of the American 'out of the can' stuff, and it was delicous.

Another adventure of the day was going to the bathroom in the middle of the street.
They have these public bathrooms in busy areas where you pay 20p and then you can use it....it was a little scary, but a new experience none the less. haha

I got home and my friend Paige asked me if I wanted to go with her to see a show, and I couldn't resist. We went to see Sondheim's "A Little Night Music," which I have been really excited to see.

It wasn't what I had expected, but I enjoyed it, and rounded off my week at 1 show everyday. Pretty much amazing.
This morning I've been procrastinating doing homework, and went and walked along High Street Kensington looking in the shops.
I know I say this all the time but, I love being here.
If I get my paper done I think I might go to another show tonight, we shall see!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful "me" day! By the way this Grandma loves beans and toast for breakfast! That breakfast looked real good. Enjoy your day and do get your studying done. Wonder what play will you see? Are you planing to see Sister Act?? Enjoy your music with the little ones in the a.m. and hope you don't miss the bus. Love you and miss you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete