Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's hard to say goodbye, my love.

Well the day has come.
I just finished my final day in London.
I just can't believe it. These 6 weeks have been a complete whirlwind of theatre, friendships, laughter, buses, tubes, church, spiritual experiences, living, school, nature, beauty, and happiness.
I think back to the first day and how alone and nervous and unsure I was here and I now I feel like I'm home. I truly have found such amazing friends here. There was such a sense of unity and camaraderie here among us that is rarely experienced and I feel so blessed. I have had the chance to be with and do things with so many different little groups and get to know so many different, wonderful people. I hate saying goodbye. I hate leaving situations like the one that I'm in, I really struggle with it. But I know I will always have these memories to look back on and smile about. I will have classes with and be able to see these people again through BYU and through the gospel, and I know that I will continue to have wonderful experiences like this one throughout my life.

Today was a relaxed day of packing and getting ready to leave. I was home most of the day just being with people. McKell, Symantha, and I went to the Hairspray Matinee and had a wonderful time. I'm so glad to leave London on a happy note with one of my favorite, favorite, shows. We had a blast, Edna and Wilbur made the show, and we had a dance party in the aisles after curtain call. Does it get any better than that? Then it was onto more packing, and a walk up to Tesco through Kensington Gardens for the last time, and High Street Kensington at dusk.
I am in love with this city.
I will always look back on this time of my life and remember the utter joy London gave me.
Dreams do come true, and sometimes they're even better than you can imagine.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to end a beautiful trip and I pray that you will return there some day.
    You certainly have been blessed with wonderful new friends and seen so much. Everyone that has been able to follow your blog got the feeling that we were all right there with you.
    I am so proud of you and the young lady you have become and to experience this wonderful trip. Love you so very much and thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with you. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete