Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mine's a fine, fine, life!

So today was a really nice, relaxing day.
I woke up this morning and wrote a paper and a reading response....I still have a paper and a play to read tomorrow, but at least I got half of my homework for the weekend done!
Then I got ready and decided to go see Oliver! The people I was going to go with couldn't go today, but I just couldn't wait any longer to see it, so I went by myself. Some girls were going to see Spring Awakening in the theatre next to Oliver, so I got to travel with them, which was nice.
So I got to the theatre, hoping for my normal £20 awesome student tickets, only to find that they aren't doing that with Oliver because it's so sold out. I was ushered into the cancellation line to wait to see what types of tickets would be released. While in line I got to talking with a really nice lady from Wales, and we ended up getting tickets together for £25 in the very top balcony. I was a little bummed to be sitting up so high, but it was still completely worth it.
The show was brilliant.

Everything about it was beautiful. The design was unlike anything I've ever seen, the choreography was stunning, each actor was perfect for their role, and the direction was stunning. I am in LOVE with Jodi Prenger who plays Nancy. Oh my. I honestly think it may be the best staging of a musical I have ever seen.
I loved everything about it. I think I will just always love Oliver for the wonderful memories it brings back to me. It made me miss performing though, for sure. Nancy is definitely one of my favoirte roles I've ever played.

Anyway, after Oliver I met back up with the Spring Awakening girls and as our Number 9 bus pulled up to the stop to take us home, it was one of the old red busses (in London all the buses are double decker and red, but there are still a few of the original old ones left) I was so excited! and it make it even better we were the ONLY people on the bus.
Amazing. I only wish I could have gotten a picture!

Tonight has been pretty relaxed. We played a few rounds of Uno, then went to the grocery store,
**Another favorite British thing: Muller "Corner" yogurt. Oh my goodness. This is the one I had tonight (I bought like 5 different ones) There is a flavored yogurt in one side and then in the corner there is some type of mix in. For example, this one is creamy yogurt with dark chocolate and then black cherries to mix in. SO good.

We then came home and played Phase 10.
It was ridiculously fun. Pretty much because we are all so tired.
Tomorrow is church, yay. I'm leading the music for the little kids. I'm pretty excited about it.
Then home to write another paper and read another Shakespeare play. woo hooooo.

4 comments:

  1. I will try one more time, they are giving me trouble saying my blog password is wrong so reset it. Anyway, nice that you got to go to the play and at least was able to travel with the girls before and after. Sounds like you had a fun day. Can't wait for what tomorrow will bring for us on your trip. Have fun, Love you and miss you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get your homework done before Monday, soon we will be sharing the Paris trip and it is nice that Steve in going to take you girls on a tour. Love you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness - dark choco and black cherries - yum yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really would like to see Oliver, too. I am sorry you had to sit so high up. But, I watched Wicked really high up,too and it was still one of the best experiences ever!

    That yogurt stuff sounds sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete