Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Leicester Square Adventure



So after our meeting and "walk" as a group today, I bought my "Oyster" (Tube Pass) and three girls and I took the tube to Leicester Square aka the theatre district of London. We walked around soaking in the gorgeous old buildings intermingled with McDonalds and Starbucks. It feels so much like New York with shorter, older buildings. I love it.
We then attempted to find a show to see tonight walking into all the theatres trying to find a good deal. The girls ended up deciting to get tickets to Phantom of the Opera....that's when I decided to go home. So, I was brave...and slightly crazy, and took my map of the tube and made my way back to the flats all alone. It was actually a really neat experience and I got to just walk, at my own pace, doing my own thing, and taking in the scenery.
There is going to be pleanty to do/see in these next six weeks.
I'm now going to do the rest of my reading for tomorrow's classes, take a shower, and go to bed!
I haven't really slept in what is now over 24 hours!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you brave to go on home alone something this chicken Grandma wouldn't do. Glad you are seeing so many things and getting used to the tube. Get a good night's sleep so you can venture out again tomorrow. Love you and so proud of you. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete